Starting a new school year with an All About Me project is a popular teaching strategy. There are many benefits to incorporating this unit into curriculum. Here are five:
- Build Self-Esteem: Use the All About Me activities to have students reflect upon what makes them special. By recognizing characteristics that make them unique, students develop a sense of self-worth.
- Learn about Students: Use the All About Me activities to get to know your students. Discover their strengths, goals, likes, and personal interests. This is a fun way for students to tell you about themselves. Use this information to support learning.
- Develop Friendships: Use the All About Me activities to help students recognize others in the class that have similar interests. This can become a starting point for fostering relationships among students.
- Build a Sense of Community: Use the All About Me activities to have students learn about one another. By sharing personal details students form a connection with one another.
- Develop Oral Communication Skills: Use the All About Me activities to have students practice public speaking and active listening.
Read about how teachers are using TechnoMe in the classroom to inspire creativity, appreciate differences, build self-worth, and develop social skills.
TechnoKids’ TechnoMe technology project integrates an All About Me unit of study with technology.